Belfast, Northern Ireland: Privately Published, 1976. 40p, illustrated wrappers. Unusual unrecorded club history of this fine Irish parkland course.
A nine hole layout was first opened for play at the present Shandon Park Golf Club site on 30th April 1898. However, the original name of the club which played on this course was Knock Golf Club, formed in 1895. It wasn't until 1925 that the idea of establishing the Shandon Park Golf Club was conceived after Knock Golf Club moved to their present location in 1920. In 1936, a full eighteen holes was developed, designed by the club professional assisted by Mr Eric Riley. Item #6725