The Bryanston Country Club 1948 - 1984
The Bryanston Country Club 1948 - 1984
The Bryanston Country Club 1948 - 1984
The Bryanston Country Club 1948 - 1984
The Bryanston Country Club 1948 - 1984
The Bryanston Country Club 1948 - 1984

The Bryanston Country Club 1948 - 1984

South Africa: Privately Printed, 1984. Cloth. Illustrated. Unrecorded History. The Bryanston Country Club started out with the Proclamation of the land and 301 acres being set aside for a golf course to be built in the township of Bryanston in 1940. Messrs Hedding, Alrridge and Bentwich came together in 1943 to start the discussions on how to proceed with regards to the course and at some point in their discussions the idea to not just build a Golf Course but to build a Country Club grew and an ad hoc committee was formed with a number of Bryanston residents. At the end of 1948 the first official committee come into place although it was on in July of 1949 that The Club commissioned Mr Charles Hugh Alison to design the course. Later that year constructions started and Tommy Tomsett was appointed to interpret drawings and plans with Koos de Beer being brought in to do the construction. Finally in 1951 Sir Ernest Oppenheimer, the first president of the club opened The Club house and the first 9 holes, with Mrs Irene Douglas driving in the first ball. Item #6734

Price: £33.00

See all items in Club Histories, ROW